Friday, March 18, 2011

White ~ Always the Perfect Choice


Light, bright, clean and white!

The absence of color is soothing to me. It’s not that I don’t like color; I just like the absence of it a little more. In this technology driven age, where there is an overabundance of visual stimulation, I find myself craving the simplicity of a neutral environment. I eagerly anticipate entering my home, and settling into my calming retreat.

My love of white extends beyond the design of my home, its art and accessories and extends to my choice of dishware as well. Over time, I have accumulated quite the motley collection of wonderful old ironstone and restaurant ware. I thought I might share a few of my favorite pieces with you:

I run across hodgepodge pieces like these gravy boats and pitchers at thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets and rarely pay more than a dollar for any of them.

I like the beauty and simplicity of old restaurant ware. It is solid and has stood the test of time. I can only imagine some of the conversations that were overheard by these dishes down through the years.

I enjoy serving meals off of these wonderful oval restaurant plates.

Papa’s favorite cereal bowl; he also loved to eat Fritos or cornbread with buttermilk from these.

The beautiful soup tureen was given to me by mom, affectionately called Mimi.

The hobnail milk glasses were a gift from my sister-in-law, Datha. The tablecloth a dreamy purchase from Anthropologie's clearance table.

I love setting a table with white dishes; the presentation of any food against the white backdrop makes it look all the yummier! For me, white is always the perfect choice.


1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...