Friday, October 28, 2011

Beauty in the Ordinary


In support of the all American pastime, today's post is going to be a little shorter than usual.  I'm actually writing this post on Thursday and will soon be positioned comfortably on my sofa catching game #6 of the World Series.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the Texas Rangers can pull off their first ever Series win.  In lieu of a typical post, I'm happy to share some pretty fab photos my friend, Amanda, shot one day at my house.  The photos are of ordinary things ~ but I find such beauty in each of them.  I particularly love this shot of the vintage numbered laundry pins (above).


I also love this angle on the retro stapler ~ I'm quite fond of it as it belonged to my father-in-law, Papa.  It sat on his office desk for as long as I can remember.


I've displayed the vintage skates (thanks Rach), on a shelf I made from an old floorboard ~ I love this photo!  I truly do believe you can find beauty in ordinary things you come across on a daily basis.  Thank you for indulging me, as I take in the game.  See you back here next week.  In the meantime, please check out Amanda's Facebook page here, my Facebook page here, and my pins on Pinterest here.

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...